Transferring emails from Isa mail to Gmail
Transferring emails from Isa mail to Gmail can be done using the Mail Fetcher of Gmail. Follow the instructions carefully!
Prerequisites - Isa mail mobile password
To transfer the emails you will need to use a separate password called "Isa Mail Mobile Password". The mobile password is used whenever Isa mail is accessed using anything other than a web browser. In this case a method called POP3 is used for transferring the emails.
1. Open the link https://account.jyu.fi
2. Log in and go to tab "User account and email"
3. Click the button Isa mail mobile password [Create Password] (and wait a moment, it might be slow)
4. You will see your mobile password on the page. Copy the mobile password, you will need it later!
Settings in Isa mail
5. Login to Isa mail
6. Open the "Settings" menu by clicking the cog on the right side of the view and selecting "Settings"
7. Select the tab "Forwarding and POP/IMAP". Under "POP Download" select "Enable POP for all mail". Save the settings then by scrolling down the page and clicking "Save Changes"
8. Open the link https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
Under "Access for less secure apps" select "Turn on"
9. Sign out from Isa mail
Settings in your personal Gmail account
10. Login to your personal Gmail account
11. Open the "Settings" menu by clicking the cog on the right side of the view and selecting "Settings"
12. Select the tab "Accounts and Import". Under "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)" select "Add a POP3 mail account you own"
13. Type in the email address as your university user account as email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and select "Next Step". NOTE! Do not type in the address as email@example.com as it will not work in this case!
14. Set the following settings:
Username: your university user account as firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com)
Password: The Isa Mail Mobile Password that you got earlier. NOTE! Your normal university password will not work in this case!
POP Server: pop.gmail.com
Check the following checkboxes:
Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
Label incoming messages
Then select "Add Account"
15. The account has now been setup. Select "No" and click "Finish"
16. After a moment the emails will start to copy from Isa mail to your Gmail account. The transfer may take a few hours. Note! Messages in "Spam" or "Trash" folder will not get transferred. If needed, move the messages to your inbox
17. After the transfer is complete, the messages will appear in Gmail within the label you have set (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Unfortunately it is not possible to have the labels copied as they were in Isa mail.