See instructions here Using Isa mail with mobile phones / tablets
Welcome to use Isa mail!
The University of Jyväskylä has transmitted into a new email-system called Isa mail. Isa mail is based on Google mail (Gmail) and works exactly the same way as you would use your personal Gmail.
Before you can start using Isa mail, you need an account for University
of Jyväskylä and you need to confirm your email addresss.
In case you don’t know your user account, you can get it from Information Management Centre’s Service Desk at MaD 134 (D-building, Mattilanniemi) or X 125 (X-building, Seminaarinmäki). Account information will not be delivered by email or by phone. In case of account problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
by email or +358 14 260 3600 or +358 14 260 3030 by phone.
- Open a browser and go to http://salasana.jyu.fi
- Select the link Email address confirmation
- Log in using your University username and password.
- On the left side of the Vahvista/Confirm button is the address formed by the system.
- If the suggested address is correct and you accept it, click the Vahvista/Confirm button. If your name is spelled incorrectly or parts of it are missing, please contact student services so they can update the information to the student register.
- If you want to select another first name for your address, click the Muuta kutsumanimi/Change first name button. You'll see a list of all your first names. Select the one you'd like to be in your address. Type your password in the Password field and click OK.
- If you want to change the initial(s) shown in your address, click on Muuta nimikirjain/Change Initial(s). You'll see a text field and some instructions. After you've typed your initial(s), click OK.
After confirmation your e-mail address will start working instantly and you can login from here. When logging in for the first time you will need to agree to the terms of the service. Read the terms through and click “I accept. Continue to my account.” and you will be directed to your email.
Problems logging in?
I get an error "The username or password you entered is incorrect"
login attempt is going directly to Google instead of passing through
JYU login. Clear cookies and cache from your web browser. Instructions
can be found for example here
I have to login twice, I get an error every first time
Your bookmark is pointing to a wrong address. When you create a bookmark, please check that the address is http://isamail.jyu.fi
- if the address if https://login.jyu.fi/idp/Authn/UserPassword,
you will need to modify the bookmark by right clicking and selection
properties (or similar). Modify it to point directly to http://isamail.jyu.fi
Transferring emails from Isa mail to Gmail
See instructions here.
Using Isa mail with an email client (such as Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook Express etc.)
See general instructions here.
You might be familiar with most of the functions already but we suggest you to have a quick look into the support material below.
Conversations instead of single messages
Isa mail groups all replies with their original message, creating a single conversation or thread. In other email systems, responses appear as separate messages in your inbox, forcing you to wade through all your mail to follow the conversation. In Isa mail, replies to emails (and replies to those replies) are displayed in one place, in order, making it easier to understand the context of a message -- or to follow the conversation.
How do I recognize unread messages from the conversations/email threads?
You see unread messages inside the conversation with bold text (see above).
When you open one message in a conversation (see above), all of your related messages will be stacked neatly on top of each other, like a deck of cards. We call this Conversation View. In Conversation View, each new message is stacked on top of the ones that arrived before it, so that the newest message is always the one you see first.
To see all the messages in a conversation, just click the "Expand all" button.
A conversation will break off into a new thread if the subject line of the conversation is changed, or if the conversation reaches over 100 messages.
If you'd like, you can change this setting so that replies aren't threaded into conversations, but appear as individual messages in your inbox. To do so, go to the General tab of your Gmail Settings, and select the radio button next to 'Conversation view off'.
1. Recipients email (on the right side you can find CC and BCC alternatives)
3. Text area
4. Fonts, font sizes and other alternatives to adit text
6. Click the button and you will find other features like labels and printing
7. Deleting the draft
8. "Saved" -text tells you that everything is automaticly saved
9. Sending the message when it´s ready
Replying to messages
You can find a replying field under conversation view when you open the conversation.
Click Reply to reply only to the message sender, or Reply All to reply to everyone who received the message. To reply to a message in the middle of a conversation, click on the Reply link at the bottom of the message's card. Follow the same instructions as Sending email (above).
We recommend archiving instead of deleting messages, just in case you will need the message in the future. Archiving lets you tidy up your inbox by moving messages from your inbox into your All Mail label, so you don't have to delete anything. Any message you've archived can be found in All Mail, in any labels you've applied to it, and in Gmail search results. When someone responds to a message you've archived, the conversation containing that message will reappear in your inbox.
1. In your inbox, select a message by checking the box next to the sender's name.
2. Click Archive. (If you have a message open, you can also archive it by clicking the Archive button.
Find more information about Isa mail and Google Apps