Isa mail can be used with several email clients (such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook Express
) with so called IMAP-connection
Create a new account in the email client for Isa mail and follow the general Google IMAP instructions
with the following exceptions:
- Set username as email@example.com
- Set email address as firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a password use Isa mail mobile password. To get the mobile password login at https://salasana.jyu.fi from the link "Email address confirmation" and then click the button "Create Isa Mail Mobile Password"
Set up IMAP in other mail clients
Your device or app may not support Google’s security standards. Some examples of apps that do not support the latest security standards include:
- The Mail app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below
- The Mail app on your Windows phone preceding the 8.1 release
- Some Mail apps (not built by Google) that come with your Android Phone
- Some Desktop mail clients like Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird
To help keep your account secure, Google may block these less secure apps from accessing your Isa-account. If this is the case, you have two choices:
- Upgrade to a more secure app that uses most up to date security measures. All Google products, like Gmail, use the latest security measures.
- Go to Allow less secure apps and choose “Allow” to let less secure apps access your Google account.